Producer - Comcast SportsNet Chicago
Published on Tuesday, 19 August 2014 14:41
Comcast SportsNet Chicago is seeking a content producer.
- Produce newscast, including but not limited to formatting the show, determining news stories to be shown during the assigned newscast, coordinating cut-ins, and writing copy
- Determine the sequence and flow of the newscast. Format and write material for broadcast—take newscast from concept to completion -- day after day
- Coordinate all live shots during broadcast
- Stay in communication with assignment desk
- Develop contingency plans for breaking stories
- Prepare anchors for broadcast
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Produce specials or original programming as assigned
- Train and supervise all newsroom staff: including associate producers and production assistants as needed
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Radio/TV/Film, Communications, or equivalent experience required
- Five (5) years television experience
- Must have newsroom experience
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV HERE
to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
Additional Job Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of local and national sports required
- Must possess poise under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines, change and numerous other tasks
- Maintaining accuracy and details are critical to newscast
- Must be creative and enterprising, a team player with leadership qualities
- Must possess excellent copy editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of current events, regionally, nationally, as well as, internationally
- Must have the ability to guide writers, reporters, contributors, production assistants and others in order to complete a well-structured newscast
- Must have the ability to operate in the control room
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Producing Live Studio show experience a must.
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consists of 11 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming, to more than 50 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Houston, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, The Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, and SNY.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.