Director, On-Air Fundraising (Full-Time)
Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 14:49
Window to the World Communications, In (WWCI) seeks a Director, On-Air Fundraising for WTTW-TV.
Director, On-Air Fundraising
Senior Vice President, Chief Television Content Officer
Bachelor's Degree required.
The Director, On-Air Fundraising should have 4+ years marketing or television production experience. Pledge production/marketing experience is preferred.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be organized, detail oriented, have experience supervising professional staff, and be able to multi-task. A positive, goal, and team-oriented attitude is essential. Proficiency with computer programs is required. The ideal candidate will also have a working knowledge of line-production and state of the art production.
Coordinate the planning, production and execution of on-air fundraising campaigns, including, pledge fundraising spots and any pledge-related programming, the retail and inventory initiative, member and corporate special events and other marketing projects as determined.
- Plans, produces and executes WTTW11's On-Air Pledge drives with goals of driving broadcast income and increasing response rate and overall member base.
- Determines overall objectives and strategies for Pledge, including, but not limited to, the following:
-- Involvement in programming decisions, scheduling of drive times and related activities (includes pre-tapes, premium shoots and roll-in/spot productions).
-- Development of marketing strategies, financial goals and premium strategies.
-- Scheduling staff and arranging special guest appearances.
- Determines Pledge budgets and participates in management of budget plan.
- Development of original programs and promotions, expanding reach to a more diverse audience and generating fundraising revenue.
- Coordinates the development of overall promotional plans including special on-air spots and Internet promotions.
- Schedules/trains pledge talent, producers, directors, other crew members and production volunteers.
- Plans and executes Member and Corporate events related to on-air pledge programming that increase member base and cultivate current constituency while simultaneously enhancing program experience.
- Oversees the research of promotional items for giveaways, contests and high-end premiums including managing WWCI's relationship with all outside promotional incentive partners.
- Works with Marketing Assistant to determine premium needs for on-air fundraising activities.
- Provides back-end analysis of all aspects of each Pledge effort and leverages those findings in future efforts.
- Produces on-air fundraising breaks for national use and distribution.
- Manages relationship with Fulfillment House.
SUBMIT RESUMES AND INQUIRIES TO:
Window To The World Communications
5400 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Fax: (773) 509-5309
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Window to the World Communications, Inc. (WTTW/WFMT) is Chicago's premier public media organization committed to creating and presenting unique content for television, radio, and digital media.
...dedicated to bringing Chicago and the world together and invite our audiences to explore the knowledge and creative life of the arts, sciences, humanities, and public affairs.
...committed to diverse perspectives, accessibility, innovation, community engagement, and life-long learning - we embrace the power of public service to make lives richer and our region stronger.
...trusted by parents, grandparents, care-givers, and teachers and provide educational content that promotes the healthy development of our children.
...balanced in our objective, in-depth reporting and encourage our audiences to engage in dialogue and make informed decisions.