On-Air Personality - 107.5 WGCI-FM
Published on Thursday, 06 March 2014 10:37
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world's largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market -- a leader in converging media space, developing the best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and building significant positions in the HD arena.
107.5 WGCI-FM has an immediate opening for Chicago's next superstar on-air personality! We are seeking to fill our week-day evening time slot in one of the best cities, and top markets in the country. As an on-air host for WGCI-FM and Clear Channel Media + Entertainment, you will be responsible for driving your digital audience to your personality page with entertaining posts, while you assist your colleagues in the sales department in nurturing relationships with our clients. Our ideal candidate is an entertainer on-air, in social media and has a history of ratings and digital successes. If this is you, then we want you on Chicago's #1 station for Hip-Hop and R&B, 107.5 WGCI-FM!
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, Clear Channel Communications, Inc., the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws.
- Adequate preparation for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
- Personality must be upbeat, informative and entertaining and be able to relate to station audience.
- Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
- Must be current with relevant daily material.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
- Maintain a website personality page. Must be kept up-to-date with relevant material that is appropriate for the given station.
- Search out and share all possible web content with the Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
- Participate in regular listening/air check sessions for critique with the Program Director.
- Participate in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Make regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events.
- Execute only Program Director approved interviews and events on air during the regularly assigned shift.
- Be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
- Assist with the voice over and production of paid, and non-paid, spots required to run on the station.
- Be an ambassador for the radio station when out in public. Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
- Minimum of three (3) years of on-air radio experience required, excellent verbal and communication skills, outstanding ability to relate and communicate with target audience, positive attitude both on and off the air.
- Strongly versed and documentable experience in social networking and blogging.
- Familiar with NexGen, G-Selector, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools or similar systems.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
- Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, be well-read, punctual, and be a team player with a cooperative attitude.
- Applicant must provide engaging and compelling on-air content.
- Please apply at: www.clearcareers.com/jobs
- Please apply and send air checks (MP3s) to:
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our creativity and productivity are best when we bring together people of all backgrounds and ethnicities. Therefore, Clear Channel strongly encourages men and women of all races and backgrounds to apply for positions for which they are qualified.
Clear Channel hires employees based on their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job. Discrimination or harassment based on race, sex, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected classification is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.