All good things must come to an end...

A Goodbye Note From CRM & Larz

Tuesday, May 30 2017, 04:08 PM - #permalink
    I am very sad and want to say THANK YOU so much for all you have done Larz!

Tuesday, May 30 2017, 04:42 PM - #permalink
    Larz...

Hope you are ok ... now and in the future.

Your insights were appreciated. I know CRM is, and will always be, important to you.

I hope your Vision will live again, soon.

My best.

Tuesday, May 30 2017, 04:51 PM - #permalink
    Thank you for 12 great years.

Moderating this message board wasn't easy. Most radio discussion boards are bitter, miserable places where a handful of people pine for a past that didn't exist.

You were plugged in to most of the stations in town, and had the goods on a number of major stories. You also broke stories that the other guy didn't even bother touching (Justin Kaufman, anyone?). Your last scoop was Kathy Hart's departure from the WTMX morning show. Sure beats blog posts about what Jimmy DeCastro had for lunch.

Happy trails and here's to many days of never having to hear complaints about whoever is hosting overnights on WGN on New Year's Eve.

Tuesday, May 30 2017, 05:58 PM - #permalink
    Wishing you blue skies, green lights and the very best for whatever comes next for you Larz. Your site and your insights have been top notch and will be missed by all of us.

Cheers to you!

XO

Larry London

Tuesday, May 30 2017, 06:21 PM - #permalink
    Thank you for creating and maintaining this board. I'm not a media insider but I enjoyed reading this information on a regular basis. I have to say it was an education! Wishing you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

Tuesday, May 30 2017, 06:37 PM - #permalink
    Sorry to see you go! Thank you for all your hard work and support! I'm so sad, but you have to do what's best!

Update--because this site is taking a break, I've created a news section at my site to continue the spirit of helping media professionals get exposure in the digital sphere.

Tuesday, May 30 2017, 08:28 PM - #permalink
    A sad day to hear about your hiatus. Since you undoubtedly know your "competition" and I don't, because your site was all I needed for my media "fix," do you have any recommendations for the next best site or two? I will miss your updates.

Tuesday, May 30 2017, 08:50 PM - #permalink
    Unfortunately, the term "Closed for Renovations" on storefronts usually means "never opening again."

It was a great run, Larz....but don't open a door that likely won't be opened again. Just say "we have to close, thanks for the memories" and be done with it.

Tuesday, May 30 2017, 08:58 PM - #permalink
    Nearly eleven years after leaving Chicago, I still enjoyed your news updates.

Wishing you all the best, Larz.

Steve