Where's Mark Grote?

Does anyone know if Mark Grote left the Score? He hasn't been on the Saturday morning show in several weeks and according to a promo I heard won't be on this Saturday either. I haven't heard him do updates on the Mully and Hanley show in the last few weeks, either.

I like Grote, he's a bit different and quirky compared to everyone else with his impersonations, etc.

Tuesday, October 22 2013, 10:53 PM - #permalink
    That's a good question. I follow Mark on Twitter @MarkGroteSports, and he hasn't updated his Twitter feed since the end of September.

I've also noticed Josh Liss, morning sports anchor on 780 AM/105.9 FM WBBM Newsradio, now doing the Xfinity reads on sister station 670 The SCORE instead of Grote.

While I'm asking, where has longtime SCORE Production/Imaging Director Russ Mitera been lately? I haven't heard his golden pipes in at least 2 weeks. I know Mitera's been one of the signature voices of WSCR since 2001 and the man behind quite a few promos for the CBS Sports Radio-owned station.

Wednesday, October 23 2013, 12:24 PM - #permalink
    Grote is dealing with a family matter, I believe I heard a week or so ago on the Score. Wayne Randazzo filling in on updates for Mully and Hanley right now.

Wednesday, October 23 2013, 01:26 PM - #permalink
    Regarding the two missing Score employees mentioned in this thread...

The good news is that neither man has a torn groin muscle and Josh McCown doesn't have to fill-in for them.

Mark Grote is currently dealing with an important personal issue. The station thinks highly of him and they wish him the best during this time. It is highly doubtful that he will be heard from on his Twitter or Facebook accounts during this time, as his focus will be solely on this issue. The station is hopeful to have Mark back sometime in November.

Russ Mitera was involved in a bad ATV accident and was banged up. A "lower body injury" as they say in hockey. He is home recovering from the accident. The station hopes to have Russ back behind a production board and mic in another two to three weeks.

Wednesday, October 23 2013, 04:20 PM - #permalink
    Thanks for the update!

Wednesday, October 23 2013, 09:39 PM - #permalink
    Thanks for the updates. Best wishes to Mark Grote during this difficult period and Russ Mitera following his nasty accident.

Monday, November 04 2013, 06:37 PM - #permalink
    It would be nice if they said that rather than the joke reasons Rosenblum (sp?) gives. Some of us really do care.

Saturday, November 09 2013, 09:34 AM - #permalink
    Thanks for the info about Mark Grote. I really like him and was worried that he got let go. I did hear Rosenbloom make some joke about Grote being "missing" last Saturday so I figured he was still around. I do agree that Rosenbloom shouldn't joke about it but he is that kind of guy. Hope Mark is back soon.

Saturday, November 09 2013, 10:31 AM - #permalink
    Kathy: As mentioned in the News & Notes article that was posted up last night, Mark Grote is doing much better and will return to The Score on Monday morning.

Specify a password to lock discussions to only users who has the password.