Published on Sunday, 31 July 2011 17:43
On the first Thursday of every month, the Chicago-based promotions & publicity company Maven
, holds a networking get-together called the "Diva Series," honoring influential and successful Chicago women in Media, PR, Fashion, Fitness, Culinary Arts, Beauty, Performing Arts, Sports and other areas. The event is held at Jbar in the trendy James Hotel. This coming Thursday, Maven will be presenting "The Diva Series: Starlets." This special meeting will primarily salute some Chicago women known for their work on television, movies and radio.
Those being honored at this Thursday's event include:
- Andrea Metcalf: Producer, Host of "Fit Today," member of the NBC5 Fitness Team, Author of "Naked Fitness"
- Ashley Bond: Former Miss Illinois USA 2009, Personal Trainer/Fitness Blogger
- Ashley Lobo: Host/reporter for "Nude Hippo", local actress, former Blackhawks Ice Girl
- Elysabeth Alfano: Creator/Host of WTTW-TV's "Fear No Art Chicago"
- Gloria Hafer: Famed Chicago Party Host
- Jane Monzures: Contributor to WCIU-TV's "You & Me This Morning," Host of "Living Healthy Chicago" on WGN-TV/CLTV, former WLUP-FM personality
- Jennifer Christenson: Television Host/Producer/Media Specialist (formerly seen on WCIU-TV, WFLD-TV, WYCC-TV)
- Jetta Bates: Lifestyle/travel expert, WVON-AM host, contributor to HomeStyle, Essence and Ebony magazines, contributor to WCIU-TV
- Jovie Calma: TV Host/Anchor for Chicago Philippine Reports TV Channel 25, entertainment columnist for Via Times Newsmagazine
- Katie Jones: Freelance director and puppeteer, former co-artistic director of Wishbone Theatre Collective
- Kristi Hornickel: Director of Operations for the social media marketing/branding company DoughNuttz, Owner/Founder of Shinettes shoe shine company
- Laurie Jones: Actress with Red Denim Mustache and Wishbone Theatre Collective
- Lindsey Schendel: Former Loop Rock Girl (2010) with WLUP-FM, model
- Sandy Smith-Doghmi: Founder and President of party planning company Red Carpet Concierge
The "Diva Series: Starlets" event will held Thursday, August 4th from 6:00pm-9:00pm at JBar, located at 610 North Rush in Chicago, inside the James Hotel. The JBar will have cocktail specials and half-price food items. Those interested in attending can RSVP with the Founder/President of Maven, Sarah Vargo at