Published on Thursday, 12 April 2012 20:17
Last week was the radio frenzy over the Chicago Cubs home opener. Tomorrow, it is finally time for the Chicago White Sox home opener. While not as busy as it is in Wrigleyville, when radio stations take over most every bar around, it will still be a wild time down on the south side Friday. Here is a look at some of the many radio specials going on tomorrow...
* * WSCR-AM/670 The Score will have their morning team of Mully & Hanley will be broadcasting their show live from Morgan's on Maxwell Street (1325 S. Halsted, Chicago) from 5:00am-10:00am. Attendees can enter to win a pair of tickets for Friday's game. WSCR-AM is the flagship home for the Chicago White Sox radio broadcasts.
* * WSCR-AM/670 The Score will have Dan McNeil and Laurence Holmes (filling in for Matt Spiegel) broadcasting their show live from inside US Cellular Field from 9:00am-12:35pm, at which time The Score's broadcast of the White Sox home opener will begin. Matt Thornton and Rich Hahn will be among the guests stopping by.
* * WMVP-AM/ESPN 1000's Waddle & Silvy will be doing a live remote from 9:00am-1:00pm. W&S will be broadcasting their sports talk show from Buffalo Wings and Rings (3434 S Halsted, Chicago). They'll be giving away tickets to the Sox' home opener, as well as tickets to the White Sox vs Red Sox Game later in April. The live broadcast is free to attend.
* * WMVP-AM/ESPN 1000's afternoon hosts of Carmen, Jurko & Harry will be broadcasting live from 2:00pm-6:00pm from Rocky's (234 W 31st, Chicago), three blocks north of US Cellular Field.
* * WJMK-FM/104.3 K-Hits' morning team of Eddie & Jobo will be broadcasting live tomorrow morning from 5:30am-10:00am from Bacardi at the Park (320 W. 35th Street, Chicago). E&J will be spending much of the show giving away tons of prizes to those in attendance, including tickets to see Def Leppard/Poison, Jimmy Buffet tickets, REO Speedwagon/Styx/Ted Nugent tickets, Chicago Rush tickets, White Sox tickets to a future game, K-Hits t-shirts & swag, and more. Jobo is a lifelong fan of the south side ball club, even naming his dog "Sox." This live remote is free and open to the public, ages 21 and over.
* * WLUP-FM/The Loop's morning host Pete McMurray will be broadcasting live from 6:00am-10:00am from Cork & Kerry At The Park (3258 S Princeton Ave, Chicago). Joining Pete McMurray at the remote will be "Sweet Baby Jane" Monzures and Tricia the Loop Rock Girl. They will have prizes to give away to some attendees and will entertain with a Loop psychic. The live broadcast is free to attend, but attendees must be 21 or older.
* * WBBM-FM/B96's Nikki will be broadcasting her midday show live from inside US Cellular Field from the Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar. If you are going to the big game, you can meet Nikki there from 10:00am-2:00pm. She will also have prizes to give away to fans.
* * WXRT-FM/93XRT was scheduled to have a post-game party Reggie's (2105 S. State St, Chicago) immediately after the White Sox home opener. There no confirmation on this yet, but it appears that the 93XRT party may be cancelled. (Reggie's will still be rocking. It is not yet clear if anybody from WXRT-FM will be part of that or not, though.)
* * Go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o Sox!
UPDATED 4/13/12 with additional information.