Published on Thursday, 09 August 2012 16:53
This coming Monday morning, WSCR-AM/670 The Score and the Chicago Tribune Sports Department are teaming up to take a close look at the upcoming Chicago Bears season. This will be done live on the radio during a one-hour special. The on-air roundtable discussion will feature seven NFL experts talking about the high expectations held for 2012-2013 Chicago Bears.
The "Bears Training Camp Roundtable" will take place on 670 The Score on Monday, August 13th from 8:00am-9:00am. The WSCR-AM & Chicago Tribune panelists will be:
- Mike Mulligan, WSCR-AM host & Chicago Tribune sports columnist
- Brian Hanley, WSCR-AM host
- Laurence Holmes, WSCR-AM host
- Zach Zaidman, WSCR-AM host & WBBM-AM Bears reporter
- Fred Mitchell, Chicago Tribune sports columnist/reporter
- Brad Biggs, Chicago Tribune sports/Bears reporter
- Matt Bowen, Chicago Tribune sports/Bears reporter & former NFL player
This is the second time this year that WSCR-AM and the Chicago Tribune have teamed up for a special roundtable discussion. The first time happened this past April, as the experts from the two organizations took a two-hour in-depth look at this year's NFL Draft. The collection of panelists was the same in April, with the exception of the Chicago Tribune's Dan Pompei taking part instead of Fred Mitchell. That roundtable discussion was a ratings hit for WSCR-AM, and according to a station official, also gave The Score's website outstanding online traffic.
Unlike April's roundtable discussion, which was done from the Score's downtown Chicago studios (see picture below)
, Monday's special discussion will be broadcast live from the Chicago Bears Training Camp, located at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, IL.