Published on Tuesday, 16 October 2012 18:46
Comcast SportsNet Chicago may not be the flagship home for Notre Dame football broadcasts, but the local sports network will still have plenty of Notre Dame football to air over the five weeks. CSN Chicago has scheduled airings of repeats of recent games, as well as a pair of classic Notre Dame victories.
CSN Chicago is planning on airing four Notre Dame Football games from the 2012 season. The first will air tomorrow night, which will be a re-airing of last weekend's exciting game against Stanford, which went into overtime. Over the next few weeks, the game from the previous weekend will be aired on a weeknight in prime time just a few days later.
Here is the schedule for the 2012 Notre Dame Football broadcasts on CSN Chicago:
- Wednesday, October 17 at 8:00pm - Notre Dame vs Stanford (Originally from 10/13/12)
- Thursday, October 25 at 8:00pm - Notre Dame vs BYU (Game to be played on 10/20/12)
- Wednesday, November 7 at 8:00pm - Notre Dame vs Pitt (Game to be played on 11/03/12)
- Tuesday, November 20 at 8:00pm - Notre Dame vs Wake Forest (Game to be played 11/17/12)
In addition to the four games from this season, CSN Chicago will air two classic Notre Dame Football games from the last 20 years -- one this week week and another in two weeks.
Those two classic games are:
- Thursday, October 18 at 7:00pm - Notre Dame vs Florida State. (Originally played on 10/13/93.)
Nicknamed by ND fans as the "Game of the Century," this college football contest featured the two best ranked teams in 1993 -- #1 Florida State & #2 Notre Dame -- in a battle that went down to the final play.
- Thursday, November 1 at 7:00pm - Notre Dame vs Michigan. (Originally played on 09/14/02.)
This was the 2002 meeting between annual rival Michigan, an extremely close game which was a nail biter until late in the fourth quarter.