Published on Sunday, 11 April 2010 11:09
In today's News & Notes, we look at a radio appearance for Connie Szerszen with Bob Sirott & Marianne Murciano, CSN spotlighting Eddie Olczyk, Tom Morgan returning to radio with Phil Rogers & Dave Hoekstra, more charity work by Ginger Zee, and a giant charity event with numerous Chicago media stars. It is all just below:
* * Connie Szerszen, the former Chicago radio DJ (WJMK, WIND, WUSN, WSDM, WJJD, WJEZ) will be on WGN's Sunday Night Radio Special this evening, from 10:00pm-11:00pm. Szerszen will be interviewed by show hosts Bob Sirott and Marianne Murciano. They will cover topics such as her autobiography, "Top Jock Girly Rock"
and her many years of working in the Chicago radio industry, from WCFL to WJMK-HD2.
* * Comcast SportsNet will provide special coverage to celebrate today's "Blackhawks Heritage Night" honoring Eddie Olczyk, the former NHL superstar, current Blackhawks game analyst and Chicago area native. Starting at 2:00pm, CSN will have live coverage of the pre-game ceremony from the United Center (prior to the team's regular season finale against the rival Detroit Red Wings) featuring an Olczyk career highlights video tribute from the UC Jumbotron, along with the ceremonial first puck drop. Also, on SportsNite at 6:30pm and 10:00pm, a feature spot & interview with Eddie Olczyk will air.
* * Tom Morgan used to host a show on sports collectibles on ESPN1000 on Saturday mornigs, up until a few months ago. Now, Tom Morgan is back with "The Fan Cave Radio Show." Tom will host the show, along with new co-hosts Phil Rogers from the Chicago Tribune and Dave Hoekstra from the Chicago Sun-Times. The online-only radio show will be on Wednesdays from 4:00pm-5:00pm on TalkZone.com
. If you miss the show at that time, full podcasts can be heard on TalkZone soon afterward. The show will be all about sports, collectibles, and anything else which is on the hosts' minds. Fans will be able to call in with questions about the value of their collectibles, or comments/questions about sports at 1-888-463-6748. Fans can also send Tom Morgan direct messages on Twitter prior to the show at his Twitter account, TCrownTom
. The program's very first show will be this coming Wednesday, April 14th.
* * It was previously mentioned
in a News & Notes about WMAQ-TV's Ginger Zee serving up some Berry Chill this coming Tuesday, with all proceeds going to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. One week from today, Ginger Zee will be doing even more to raise funds for LLS. On Sunday the 18th, she will be serving breakfast at Egg & I (7164 183rd St., Tinley Park) from 10:00am-Noon. 50% of the proceeds, plus all of her tips go towards the charity.
* * The 3rd annual Children's Oncology Services, Inc. "Campfire Ball" will be held on Saturday, April 24 at N9NE Steakhouse & Ghostbar (440 W. Randolph St, Chicago). It's just like summer camp... except it is coed, people dress up nice, alcohol is served, and it's indoors at a fancy establishment. The event to help raise funds for COSI (a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of children and adolescents diagnosed with cancer) will feature Chicago media celebrities as guest bartenders. Among those participating will be the aforementioned Ginger Zee from WMAQ-TV, as well as, WTMX-FM's Melissa McGurren, WBBM-TV's Susan Carlson, WCSR-AM/WMAQ-TV's Matt Rodewald, and WFLD-TV's Kori Chambers, Jan Jeffcoat and Chris Sowers. The Campfire Ball will be from 7:00pm-11:00pm. For more information and to purchase tickets in advance, please visit OneStepCamp.org