Published on Thursday, 15 April 2010 17:58
It is a special all-Steve Harvey News & Notes, since there is so much happening with the man right now! The comedian, actor, author, host, and of course, radio personality, got his start in radio here in Chicago and still has a home here, even though his full-time home in down in Dallas. He continues to be heard here each morning on V103. Here is what is new with him...
* * All this week and going on though next Monday, Steve Harvey is the guest host for the syndicated version of the game show, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire." The show is seen locally on WGN-TV at 1:00pm. Meredith Vieira, the regular host, is on vacation and producers asked Harvey to fill-in. This is a sort of TV host tune-up for Harvey as he will be the new host of the syndicated game show, "Family Feud" beginning this Fall.
* * In fact, there will be a great deal of Steve Harvey on television this Fall. Earlier today it was announced that "The Steve Harvey Project," a televised simulcast of his daily morning radio show will air on cable. The show will air live, much like Don Imus' show on the Fox Business Network, and similar to Bob & Tom's show on WGN America and Howard Stern's old E! show. The new show will begin this Fall and be shown on the Centric channel, the spin-off station from BET. Centric is a channel that targets African-Americans like BET does, but focuses more on an older demographic. Here in Chicago, Centric is most often found on: Comcast channel 48/481, AT&T U-verse channel 515, DirecTV channel 330, and Dish channel 371.
* * It is a good thing that all this TV work is coming Steve Harvey's way, he may need the money for taxes! The IRS filed a lien for $2,159,204 against Wonder Love Inc. on March 8th with the Cook County, IL Recorder of Deeds. Steve Harvey is that company's owner & President (under his real name of Broderick S. Harvey). While the business is in Plano, TX, the legal address is located within Chicago, thus the reason for the Cook County filing. Ricky Anderson, Harvey's Houston-based entertainment lawyer, was unaware of the lien. "He's certainly unable to give any comment," Anderson said yesterday. "He's got competent tax counsel in Chicago that handles all of his tax affairs." (I have to wonder just how competent they actually are if they let their client fall that far in arrears.)
The IRS wants 2.1 mil + the shirt off his back!
* * Steve Harvey will be able to spend some quality time with those Chicago attorneys & accountants, as he will be in town all day tomorrow. "The Steve Harvey Morning Show" is broadcasting live from Chicago to help spread awareness about the importance of the 2010 United States Census. For those who would like to see the live remote, Harvey and his crew will be at Malcolm X College, 1900 W. Van Buren, in Chicago from 5:00am-9:00am. Of course, the show will be heard on WVAZ-FM, if you can't make it out. Dave Hollister will a special guest, soulfully singing some songs from his new album, as well as a live rendition of the "Steve Harvey Morning Show" theme song. They will also be taking requests for all of the music they play that morning.
* * Steve Harvey, who in addition to everything else he has going on, is also a special correspondent for ABC's "Good Morning America," will be co-hosting a special event with "GMA" co-host Robin Roberts. On May 3rd, he will be throwing the
1st Annual Steve Harvey Foundation Gala at Cipriani Wall Street in New York. His Foundation, which supports (and shows others how to support) young men and help them better their lives and futures, will be honoring Academy Award winning actor Denzel Washington, Harlem Children's Zone President & CEO Geoffrey Canada, and State Farm Insurance's Marketing Vice President Pam El. The event will also have music by Toni Braxton and much more. Proceeds from the Gala benefit the Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men. Further information can be found on the Steve Harvey Foundation's website, located HERE
* * And that is quite enough Steve Harvey news for one day!