...Opening day(s) close...world Champion Cubs and a new look Sox

Illinois hires new coach...

NU record NCAA appearance and win...

Bears in turmoil, again...

Hawks returning to championship form...

And we spend 4 hours talking about the friggin' NBA on the Score? Come on now, Bernstein has to be on some sort of feel good happy pill to tolerate the mess this show has become.

Monday, March 27 2017, 04:53 PM - #permalink
    @Uncle Cracker: I seriously doubt Larz will ban you from the CRM site. What you have done is furnish your analysis of one show on The Score/WSCR-AM 670.

If you're so invested in that station, why don't you send them a message or call in and address the topics you mentioned? It could be well worth your time.

If nothing changes, I suggest you change the station. Chicago radio has a lot to offer.

Monday, March 27 2017, 05:08 PM - #permalink
    Uncle, Im confused. If you don't like what's on the Score, why listen? I figured out all by my lonesome how to change radio stations when something comes on that I'm not interested in. I rarely have one show on for its entire time when I'm listening.

Monday, March 27 2017, 06:54 PM - #permalink
    CHANGE THE STATION!!! Listen to Waddle and Silvy on WMVP STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT WSCR RADIO ALREADY!

Monday, March 27 2017, 07:00 PM - #permalink
    Do what I do. Since I really have no interest in basketball at all, when I hear a basketball segment starred I flip the dial to another station. Pretty easy. Why would I torture myself listening for four hours to a topic I have no interest in?

Monday, March 27 2017, 07:55 PM - #permalink
    Illinois hired the new coach March 18th. I assume they talked about it. NU won it's game last week and are out of the tournament. I assume they talked about it at the time. As much as I love hockey talking about it on sports radio is a real ratings killer. Once the play offs will start i am sure they will talk more about the Hawks. When have the Bears not been in turmoil since Lovey was fired. There will be plenty of Bears talk. Besides I am guessing when they signed Glennon they talked about the Bears at that point. The draft is coming up soon. There will be plenty of Bears talk. It is still spring training. There will be plenty of Cubs talk. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/the-bernstein-goff-show/ Here is what they talked about. Yes they talked about the Bulls and it looks like they talked a lot of college basketball The tournament is the big thing right now. You have 3 teams that have never made the final four. If you really that upset there is another sports station in Chicago.

Monday, March 27 2017, 09:03 PM - #permalink
    If you don't like the content then change stations. You sound like a whiny little girl. If I give you a sucker will you stop? Mercy.

Monday, March 27 2017, 09:57 PM - #permalink
    Funny how hockey talk is avoided on sports radio because it seems people don't care about it even though the Hawks are in first place and yet WGN is making a killing because of them. I don't get it.

Tuesday, March 28 2017, 04:47 PM - #permalink
    Guest wrote:

Love Hockey. I live near Milwaukee and go to about 20 Admiral games a year. I remember when WGN used to show way more road games than they do now. When the games are on GN are they shown on CSN as well? While there are more than 22,000 fans that fill the UC, hockey is still kind of a niche sport. Even with a bad Bears team, people would rather hear about than than hockey. With the advent of podcasting I rarely listen to sports radio any more. I might check the Score web site to check out guests. By the way how much time does ESPN devote to the Hawks?

Tuesday, March 28 2017, 07:25 PM - #permalink
    I'll give it one last try before Larz bans me...
    No banning. I don't really do that. I did shake my head in a bit of disgust and disappointment, though.

Wednesday, March 29 2017, 08:59 AM - #permalink
    Smitty's with you, Uncle Cracker. The whole "just change the station" advice you're getting is nonsense. The whole reason some of us like the Score is because it's the ONLY sports radio we listen to. It's bitter, it's fun, it's NOTHING like the boo-yah boys at buttoned-down ESPN across the dial.

To the point about the show...you really need to treat it like a whole new show. Pretend both hosts are brand new. Boers, for all his faults, was a truly special guy, and those are big shoes to fill.

Wednesday, March 29 2017, 10:48 AM - #permalink
    Uncle Cracker is 100% correct. WSCR has become unlistenable to me & many people who I know who were Score guys since day 1. The lineup is horrible & the social justice left slant of most of the shows is off putting. Too bad Mitch doesnt have the sack to clean house & bring in some new blood, although Parkins is new & awful. It will be interesting to see what happens to The Score when CBS Radio sells AM670.

Wednesday, March 29 2017, 04:21 PM - #permalink
    TB Diddler wrote:

BINGO. Though Danny B seems to be consistently at the forefront of the political nuttyness.

The Bears and Bulls stink. Stop talking about them, too. Stop giving press for teams run by bad management. WE DON'T CARE. The Bears will go 5-11 and the Bulls will go 40-42 next year and they will still devote way too much time towards teams we know won't matter.

I agree more hockey is good. Also add in college sports. AM1000 is winning people like us over. At least they are TRYING different things. (i.e. the Cubs coverage). At least M&M in the Morning talk about many different sports.

WSCR - Cubs play by play and a broken record of predictable tangents.

Wednesday, March 29 2017, 04:24 PM - #permalink
    670 the score is wholly and completely un-listenable. That Dan Bernstein has a job is a miracle. I think the best show on in Chicago right now is Kap & co. WMVP has improved considerably over the past few years, I used to be 50/50 between the two, I'm now 90/10 WMVP 1000.

Thursday, March 30 2017, 11:23 AM - #permalink
    Guest wrote:

Tattler...you're the guy for whom I had to correct your own handle's spelling a few years ago, remember "taddler"? A real Rhodes scholar!
    Be careful who you slander with your misogynist prose, appears that there are plenty who agree with me....you Nimrod!

Thursday, March 30 2017, 03:19 PM - #permalink
    ...I have made a decision. Many of you are correct, I'm wrong.

After listening to this NBA drivel for the last hour I quit also. Cannot work with this crap going on what a mess.
    So, I AM switching stations.
    What a uninteresting, disjointed, pile of crap done only to indulge Goff. Send his ass back to Atlanta.
    WSCR, until the Cubs start, your afternoon is a wasteland that will show artificially higher ratings due to Cubs. This is insufferable.

Sunday, April 02 2017, 02:57 PM - #permalink
    As long as you mentioned Goff, I noticed when he starts talking basketball, he takes on this "too cool for the room" tone in his voice as he offers up his knowledge the eager ears of his students in Bernstein, Parkins and Spiegel - talk about insufferable.

Due to the recent changes in the midday and afternoon shows on the Score, I've discovered how much I enjoy listening to Bill and Wendy and Roe Conn.

Wednesday, April 05 2017, 06:45 AM - #permalink
    TB Diddler wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Other than Mully & Hanley I can't listen any more. I used to be one of those morning to evening guys who listened 8-10 hours a day but lately it's more like a half an hour. This trend started a few years ago when Bernsie took it upon himself to start his own personal war against "meat head" listeners. Well Dan, just who do you think listens to sports talk all day? Just who do you think built the station to where it is? It sure wasn't the "stat geek" types who (using my best Prof. Frink voice) worry about the affect of the relative humidity on the #5 hitters ability to hit it out of the part after 8:00 PM. It's those meat heads who he loves to bash that built the castle. Sports talk should be for the fans. It's the coulda/shoulda/woulda debates and the what ifs. I think many on the Score have lost sight of that. Too bad really.

Thursday, April 13 2017, 12:04 PM - #permalink
    Agree.. I used to love WSCR and took a lot of pride in listening to and rooting for the local station. I really noticed the decline of the station some years ago during the afternoon drive, probably during the Penn State crusade. Personally, I don't listen to sports radio to be lectured on social justice so I just flip the station. Over the last few years I have flipped the station more and more and am essentially out of the habit of listening to WSCR AM. Now I just tune in now for Bears post-game and I will check the podcasts for interesting interviews and that is it.

Score producers like to tell themselves that the divisive style of B&B worked. And I suppose it did, but now that Boers is not around to hang onto the regular Joe's, it becomes apparent how eroded that style of radio has left the Score listener base. I can't imagine how many thousands of listeners B&B has lost the station over the last few years.

Thursday, April 13 2017, 08:15 PM - #permalink
    I look forward to the next ratings report to see how the midday and afternoon show are doing on The Score.

Wednesday, May 03 2017, 04:12 PM - #permalink
    The Score has become unlistenable. I feel sorry for Spiegs. Parkins is terrible. His voice is beyond annoying. Goff, when he first went Mid-day, I tuned out. I can't stand him going into jive mode when basketball talk comes on. Bernstein, he's just never been listenable, so now pairing him with Goff...

Holmes and again, Spiegal are the only ones worth a darn over there.

The CHICAGOLAND RADIO & MEDIA website is the #1 resource for news, information, discussions and celebrations of all things related to Chicago radio, television, newspapers and more. Please help support the website by clicking on the "Donate" button below! THANK YOU for your backing!